Superintendent Boundary Committee
In September 2016, the District formed three, short-term Superintendent committees: the Strategic Plan Committee, the Enrollment Committee, and the Finance Committee. In 2017, the Enrollment Committee was reformed as the Boundary Committee. The purpose of each of these committees is to study specific issues that are affecting Community Consolidated School District 89.
These committees were open to residents of CCSD 89. Commitee members include: students, families, staff, Board members, and local residents. All committees are advisory and any recommendations are non-binding. All final decisions are made by the Board of Education.
These committees will use the ideas of CCSD 89 students, families, and staff to build even stronger schools.
BOUNDARY COMMITTEE (formerly Enrollment Committee)
In spring of 2017, the Enrollment Committee was reconvened as the Boundary Committee. All previous Enrollment Committee documents are included below.
The Boundary Committee will implement boundary changes for the 2018-19 school year. In order to address the imbalance in elementary school enrollments, the boundaries will be student centered, cause minimal disruption, and be fiscally responsible.
Boundary Committee meeting agendas, presentations, documents, minutes
- May 25, 2017
- July 26, 2017
- September 5, 2017
- Agenda: Boundary Committee agenda (September 5, 2017)
- Presentation: Boundary Committee presentation (September 5, 2017)
- Minutes: September 5, 2017 minutes
- Follow-up communication: September 6, 2017 letter
- September 18, 2017
- Presentation: Boundary Committee presentation (September 18, 2017)
- Document: Boundary options overview (September 18, 2017)
- Minutes: September 18, 2017 minutes
- Recommendation: Boundary Committee recommendation
- FAQ: Boundary Proposal Fact Sheet
- October 10, 2017
Enrollment Committee (October 2016 - January 2017)
The Enrollment Committee had a goal to study enrollment data and trends; understand District policies related to enrollment; examine how resources and capacity are affected by current enrollment policies and procedures; and make recommendations on what is best for children to the Board of Education.
Enrollment Committee meeting agendas, presentations, documents, minutes
- October 26, 2016
- Agenda: Enrollment Committee description and agenda
- Document: Demographic Trends and Enrollment Projections (Kasarda report)
- Document: Enrollment history and trends
- Minutes: October 26, 2016
- November 17, 2016
- December 14, 2016
- January 25, 2017
- Document: Finalizing recommendation for increasing enrollment
- Minutes: January 25, 2017