CCSD 89 Strategic Plan
In July 2021, the Community Consolidated School District 89 Board of Education unanimously approved a strategic plan to guide school and district improvement. To view or download the Community Consolidated School District 89 Strategic Plan, go here.
The district reviews and tweaks the strategic plan each year. Approximately every five years, the district conducts a comprehensive review of the strategic plan, which is then submitted to the Board of Education for approval.
The current plan was created with input from students, families, staff, and residents. The document serves as a road map for continuous improvement across all five schools.
“Learning for life” remains the district's motto. The district's mission statement is: “Community Consolidated School District 89 will empower all learners to recognize and optimize their full potential.” The district's vision statement indicates CCSD 89 will aspire to:
- Employ rigorous, relevant curriculum, and learning opportunities
- Engage in innovative problem solving, critical thinking, and effective collaboration
- Enable self-sufficiency, responsibility, and accountability
- Encourage empathy, acceptance, and self-efficacy
- Embrace the strengths in our differences as members of a global community
- Ensure the essential resources necessary to remain a premier school district
The plan builds on CCSD 89’s previous successes and incorporates new priorities that were shared during the strategic planning process. It takes into account current best practices in education, as well as priorities that became known through surveys of our community and students.
The new strategic plan also includes five long-range goals with corresponding strategies for implementation. The strategies include:
- Academic success: CCSD 89 will provide an engaging and supportive learning environment that inspires every single student to reach their full potential.
- Social-emotional development: CCSD 89 will provide a welcoming educational environment where every student can develop confidence, empathy, and well-being.
- High-quality staff: CCSD 89 will hire, retain, and support a highly qualified workforce.
- Community engagement: CCSD 89 will cultivate meaningful partnerships with families and community agencies to enrich learning opportunities.
- Effective use of resources: CCSD 89 will use resources responsibly to provide safe schools where students have the tools they need to learn.