Transportation information

  • Community Consolidated School District 89 uses First Student to run morning and afternoon bus routes for regular-education students.

    When the district’s busing contract was up for renewal after the 2018-19 school year, First Student was selected to provide the best service to families. The company will provide new buses for CCSD 89 routes, a bus terminal that is closer to district boundaries, and new technology features. To read more about the change, go here.

    Students boarding bus

    To qualify for regular-education busing, a student must live more than 1-1/2 miles from the school or have to cross a state-approved hazardous crossing.

    Special education transportation is managed by Hopewell Transportation.

    For more information about special education busing, please contact the Student Services/Special Education Department

    Please read the CCSD 89 policy on Bus Conduct (Policy 500.220) 

    FirstView bus app

    Many CCSD 89 families can track their student’s trips to and from school through a free busing app. Parents can download the FirstView app, which will give them access to real-time information about their student’s bus stops. Find out more at

    Administrative transfer policy

    Some Community Consolidated School District 89 students may be bused to a school outside their neighborhood to better match enrollment with school populations.

    Students living in a given school attendance area will normally be assigned to that school; however, within the administrative guidelines, the superintendent and Board reserve the right to transfer students to schools other than the one to which a child would normally be assigned. The assignment of schools outside of those normally used in determining a student’s school are detailed in Board Policy 500:30.

    To learn more about the Administrative Transfer Policy 500-30R, go here

    School bus safety

    This Illinois State Board of Education pamphlet shares information that motorists should know to be safe around school buses. 

    Additionally, there are several Board of Education policies related to bus safety (including, but not limited to: 500:190 Student Behavior. Some of these policies are summarized in the Student/Parent Handbook. All parents are encouraged to review these policies. 

    If you have questions or concerns about regular education transportation, please contact your school principal.