Preschool health regulations
We want to provide you with information concerning the state laws regarding physicals and immunizations for preschool. All preschool students must present to school officials a physical examination report, which is on the approved Illinois form and signed by a physician licensed to practice medicine in the United States. This examination shall not have been given more than one year prior to the first day of attendance.
Please have your physician examine your child and complete the Certificate of Child Health Examination. Height, weight, BMI, diabetes screening, lead screening, system review, and blood pressure must be documented. You are required to complete and sign the Health History portion of the form. At the time of the examination check to be sure your child has complete immunization protection that includes the following:
- D.P.T. series: Three doses by age 1, plus an additional dose by age 2
- Polio series: Two doses by age 1, and an additional dose by age 2
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine: One dose on or after age 1
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine: One dose on or after age 1, or proof of varicella disease or immunity
- Hepatitis B (HBV) series: Three doses required. Third dose must have been administered on or after 6 months of age
- Haemophilus Influenza Type b series (Hib) vaccine: One dose given after age 15 months
- Pneumococcal conjugate series vaccine: One dose after 24 months of age
- Tuberculosis skin test is recommended in DuPage County
You should be aware that if your child has not had a measles vaccine or the disease, he/she would be excluded from school the day after a case of measles is reported at the school. This exclusion will be for 21 days after the last reported case of measles and does include children who have medical reasons or religious objections to immunization. Please contact your child's school if you have any questions regarding district immunization records or other health requirements.
Each child must present proof of examination prior to October 15 of the school year. Lack of compliance with Section 27-B of the Illinois School Code relating to physical examination and immunization mandates will result in your child's exclusion from school.
More information: Board policy 500:100 Student Health
Information about Religious Exemption to Immunization