Substitute teaching information
Community Consolidated School District 89 is accepting applications for substitute teaching.
In order to be a substitute teacher, you must complete an online application, the necessary paperwork with the DuPage County Regional Office of Education, and a TB/Physical with your doctor of choice.
If you are interested in being part of the CCSD 89 sub list, please reach out to the DuPage ROE at (630) 407-5800 in order to schedule an appointment and complete a fingerprinting screening. The form to take to DuPage ROE can be found here.
Completing the form before arriving at the ROE will expedite your appointment. All criminal background results will be mailed direct to you from the DuPage ROE. CCSD 89 will need to see the original results and make a copy under Illinois School Code for your employment file.
When those forms are completed and submitted, please contact the District Office to schedule an appointment.
There is more information about being a substitute in CCSD 89 in the Substitute Handbook.
(Mailed substitute applications will not be accepted.)
In order to be a substitute teacher in CCSD 89, you need:
- Illinois State Board of Education License (PEL) or (SUB).
- A current Criminal Background Check and TB/physical are required for your file. All these forms must be within 90 days of your start date.
- In Community Consolidated School District, substitute aides need an ELS (PARA) licensure.
- Report to appropriate administration office of assigned building on time.
- Review substitute teacher file prior to students arriving in the classroom and follow/monitor lesson plans per teacher directions.
- Complete required attendance and grade book information, as it is required.
- Report any student discipline problems to the administrator at the conclusion of the day or sooner, depending on the situation.
- Leave written notes for the teacher regarding what was accomplished and any behavior issues that occurred.
Scheduling a substitute opportunity
To schedule substitutes, Community Consolidated School District 89 uses Frontline Education System (formerly Aesop)
CCSD 89 School locations
CCSD 89 preschool is held at Briar Glen Elementary School
Preschool (at Briar Glen)
8:30 a.m. - 11:10 a.m. 12:30 p.m. - 3:10 p.m.
8:50 a.m. - 3:35 p.m.
7:50 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Goals of CCSD 89
To ensure student progress, we will increase the number of students meeting and/or exceeding their growth goals as measured by achievement.
To ensure a high level of stakeholder satisfaction.
To protect the trust and confidence of our community and staff, we will make the best use of our resources as measured by resource indicators.
A CCSD 89 substitute teacher earns $105 per day.
A long-term substitute teacher earns $105 per day, with an increase to $120 per day after 20 consecutive days. This is not retroactive to the first day of subbing.
CCSD 89 retirees that come back to substitute as a teacher earn $110 per day.
CCSD 89 aides that work as a substitute teacher earns $105 per day. If the aide is a long-term sub, follow above.
Substitute aide earns $72 a day.
Substitute nurse earns $16.56 an hour.
Substitute secretary earns $15 an hour.