CCSD 89 Buildings and Grounds Department
The Community Consolidated School District 89 Buildings and Grounds Department is responsible for keeping all District buildings safe, clean, and ready for learning.
- Maintenance, repair and replacement of the District's mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Building security programming and surveillance.
- Automatic temperature control system programming, operations, and oversight.
- Oversight of fire safety and suppression systems.
- Energy management.
- Building envelope (physical separator between the conditioned and unconditioned environment) repair and maintenance.
- Grounds maintenance and restoration.
- Management and oversight of outsourced trades.
- Management and attachment of auxiliary power systems.
- Snow management.
- Environmental testing oversight.
- Safety inspections and remediation.
- Custodial operations oversight.
The Buildings and Grounds Department is led by Tim Tomazin.
Tomazin has more than 20 years experience in buildings and grounds management.
He began his education as a youth by learning about, and touring, generating stations with his father, who was a machinist at Commonwealth Edison. He also learned from station operators, electricians, and mechanics.
Tomazin furthered his education by earning his degree in HVAC, and working in that trade as a technician, service manager, and estimator. To broaden his knowledge, he attended Honeywell Energy Management School, Johnson Controls Schools, and Weil-McClain boiler school.
Community use of a CCSD 89 building
CCSD 89 school and community groups may use the school facilities of the District as stipulated by Board Policy 700:20 and accompanying regulation during non-school hours when such use does not:
- interfere with any school function or affect the safety of students or employees, or
- affect the property or liability of the School District. The use of school facilities for school purposes has precedence over all other uses.
The sistrict reserves the right to cancel previously scheduled use of facilities by community organizations and other groups. The use of school facilities requires the prior approval of the Superintendent and is subject to applicable procedures. Persons on school premises must abide by the District’s conduct rules at all time. Approval shall require that all requirements of this policy and accompanying regulation are met. The school district provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Read more about the use of district facilities in Board Policy 700:20 - Facility Use by the Community
To learn more about the general conditions for community use, including rental charges, go to Board Policy 700:20-R
To use a CCSD 89 facility, you must fill out the Facilities Application Form, User Agreement Form, and the Indemnity and Liability Insurance Agreement, which must all be approved before non-school groups are allowed to use buildings.
Prior to submitting the forms, community members should contact the building principal to verify availability on specific times and dates. Once you have verified availability, completed documents can be sent to Lauren Parker at email@example.com or 22W600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137.