Mission and policies
The Glen Crest Library is dedicated to developing a passion for, and commitment to, lifelong learning. We warmly welcome all members of our school community to join us in this pursuit.
Our mission is to ensure students are empowered to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, and ethical users of information.
Glen Crest is pleased to offer a wide range of fiction and nonfiction reading choices for 11-15 year olds. Some titles are limited to 8th grade-only checkout based on their content.
If you are looking for a book and can’t find it, please ask us! If we don’t have it, you can suggest a book for us to buy.
Students are asked to present their IDs to check out library materials.
Students receive an ID card and lanyard at the start of the school year. Replacement IDs and/or lanyards can be purchased in the library for the following cost:
ID/lanyard/case: $5 ID only: $3 Lanyard only: $2 Case only: $0.50
Length of Checkout
Books: 3 weeks
Kindles: 3 weeks
Magazines: 3 days
Cameras: 1 day
Students can stop by the library to renew their books, or renew online by logging into their library account (see directions below).
Renewing books online
Check out this video - or follow the instructions below.
1. Click on the Library Catalog from the library homepage. Select Glen Crest Middle School.
2. In the upper right corner, click on Log in to log into your library account.
3. Log into your using your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
4. In upper left, click on My Info and then Renew next to titles you wish to renew.
5. Check the message for the new due date.