Families will be able to submit 2023-24 preschool documents on January 9
Families interested in having their child start Community Consolidated School District 89 preschool in the 2023-24 school year will be able to start loading application documents on Monday, January 9. The preschool application form will be posted on the district’s website at 8:30 a.m. January 9. The online application will close at 4 p.m. Friday, January 27.
The preschool application form will collect some basic information and allows families to electronically submit documents to confirm they live within district boundaries.
In order to submit residency, families will need to provide one item from category one, and two items from category two.
- CATEGORY ONE (one item): Current mortgage statement; signed lease agreement; real estate tax bill; or an affidavit from a local resident who attests to the registrant living with them at no cost, along with one of the above documents
- CATEGORY TWO (two items): Current electric, gas, or water bill; driver's license; home/rental insurance papers; auto registration; voter registration
To reserve a space in the lottery, families who have completed the application form must also submit the following documents in-person at Briar Glen Elementary (1800 Briarcliffe Boulevard, Wheaton) between 8:30 a.m. January 30 and 3 p.m. Friday, February 3:
- An original birth certificate (not a photocopy)
- A deposit check for $116 total ($66 registration fee and one-time $50 snack/milk fee). If your student is not selected in the preschool lottery, your check will be returned.
- Any residency documents you were unable to submit electronically.
Please contact CCSD 89 preschool administrative assistant Jennifer Whitehead at email@example.com or (630) 545-3304 to schedule a time to submit the birth certificate, check, and residency documents.
Anyone who fills out the preschool application and submits all the required pre-registration documents will be placed in a 2023-24 preschool lottery. (Returning preschool students do not participate in the lottery and will register with other returning students.)
For the 2023-24 school year, there will be limited openings for 3- and 4-year-old children. Once the district receives the application, required paperwork, and $116 fee by February 3, the student will be placed in the lottery.
In February, families selected in the lottery will be notified by mail with information on how to complete registration for the 2023-24 school year. Families not selected in the lottery will be placed on a waitlist and their deposit check will be returned.
The CCSD 89 preschool program is located at Briar Glen Elementary. CCSD 89 preschool classes take place Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 11:10 a.m., or 12:30 to 3:10 p.m.
The preschool is open to families that live within CCSD 89 boundaries. The monthly tuition for the 2023-24 school year will be $382 each month.
Registration for kindergarten students who will be new to the district in the 2023-24 school year will open in February 2023. Registration for returning students will open in April 2023.
More information is available at www.ccsd89.org/preschool
Posted: December 15, 2022