Registration for 2019-20 kindergartners and new students will open February 5
Registration will open February 5 for students who will be new to Community Consolidated School District 89 or starting kindergarten in 2019-20. Registration for returning students will open on April 3. More information about the registration process for new and returning students is below.
Registration for 2019-20 new and kindergarten students
Registration for students who will be starting kindergarten, or new to CCSD 89 in 2019-20, opens on February 5.
How to register:
- Visit ccsd89.org/register on February 5. On February 5, there will be a light green button for “2019-20 new student registration”
- Create an account by choosing a username and password through InfoSnap.
- Complete the form and hit “submit”.
- Once forms are submitted, families will need to prove residency at one of the registration verification events.
Registration verification for kindergarten and new students
Once you have completed the pre-registration through InfoSnap, you must next verify that you live in the district’s boundaries. Registration verification will be held on the following dates:
- 1 to 7 p.m. Monday, March 4, at District Office, 22W600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn
- 1 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 5, at District Office, 22W600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn
- 8:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. p.m. Wednesday, March 6, at District Office, 22W600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn
Families that cannot attend one of the verification events may prove residency between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. at the District Office, 22W600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn, beginning Monday, March 11. Proof of residency will not be accepted prior to March 6.
The purpose of this verification event is for the district to confirm the child’s age and that the family’s address is within district boundaries.
Documents needed to prove residency
In order to complete registration in CCSD 89, families will need to bring their child’s birth certificate and proof of residency.
Proof of residency must include at least one of the following documents: mortgage papers, a signed lease, real-estate tax bill, or an affidavit from a local resident that attests to the registrant living with them at no cost.
Proof of residency must include at least two of the following documents: gas or electric bill, driver’s license, home/apartment insurance papers, auto registration, or voter registration.
Once all residency documents are received, families will be handed a “snapcode” to complete registration starting April 3.
Completing registration for all new and returning students: April 3
On April 3, registration will open to all new and returning students who have received a snapcode.
How to register:
- After 9:30 a.m. April 3, use the snapcode to log into InfoSnap via the dark green “2019-20 registration with SnapCode” button at www.ccsd89.org/register. New students will receive the snapcode at the Registration Verification event. Returning students will receive the snapcode via U.S. Mail in mid March. If you do not receive your snapcode, or you misplace the snapcode, you will need to go to the district office with residency verification to receive a new code. Please contact Barb Kosartes at (630) 545-3574 to make an appointment.
- Enter the username and password previously created. If you forgot your password, select “Forgot my Username and/or Password.” The district cannot retrieve passwords.
- Enter the snapcode that you received at the residency check or U.S. mail.
- Begin registration and complete forms. Registration is not complete until all forms have been filled out.
In previous years, parents often tried to register in the first few minutes to guarantee their student a spot in their home school. While parents are encouraged to complete registration as soon as possible, the boundaries that were put in for the 2018-19 school year alleviate the need to register in the first minutes.
Paying registration fees
There is a $10 discount for families who pay registration fees before April 30. The fees for the 2019-20 school are at: www.ccsd89.org/registrationfees1920
Fees can be paid electronically through InfoSnap. There is no additional charge to pay fees by credit card. However, the credit card option is only available at the time of submission. Once forms are submitted, you cannot pay by credit card at a later time.
Make a check payable to “CCSD 89” and turn in to your student’s school or to the CCSD 89 District Office at 22W600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137.
If you would like to apply for a fee waiver, please read the CCSD 89 Board of Education Policy 300:140 regarding “Waiver of Student Fees” and fill out the fee-waiver application form at www.ccsd89.org/feewaiver. When submitting registration, choose “Will apply for fee waiver” as payment method.
Your fee-waiver status does not carry forward from the prior school year. You must re-apply on an annual basis. Submit the fee-waiver form and required documents as soon as possible to your student’s home school or to the CCSD 89 District Office at 22W600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137.
Free and Reduced Lunch Program
The Free and Reduced Lunch Program applications for the 2019-20 school year will be available in July 2019. The applications will be emailed to all CCSD 89 families. Last year’s application form will not be accepted; you must use the updated application which will be available in July.
Posted January 11, 2019