- Arbor View Elementary School
Pre-registration for 2023-24 kindergartners and new students will open February 8
Families with students who will be starting kindergarten or new to Community Consolidated School District 89 in the 2023-24 school year can begin the pre-registration process on 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 8. Registration for returning students will open April 5.
How to pre-register:
- After 8:30 a.m. February 8, visit www.ccsd89.org/register. Use the light green “2023-24 new student registration” button
- Create an account by choosing a username and password through PowerSchool Enrollment.
- Complete the form and hit “submit”.
- Once pre-registration is submitted, families will need to prove residency by submitting documents at either their student’s school or the district office (22w600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn).
Residency verification for kindergarten and new students
Once you have completed the pre-registration through PowerSchool, you must next verify your child’s age and that you live in the district’s boundaries. Pre-registration is not complete until you have submitted an original birth certificate and proof-of-residency documents.
When pre-registration is complete, families should call their student’s future school to schedule an appointment to submit residency documents. Staff will be available at school buildings from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, March 3, to accept residency documents.
If you cannot submit documents on March 3, families should call the school or district office (22w600 Butterfield Road, Glen Ellyn) to make an appointment to drop off the documents.
All families must bring an original birth certificate to the school or the district office. Birth certificates cannot be submitted electronically.
Proof of residency must include at least ONE of the following documents:
- Current mortgage statement, a signed lease, or a real-estate tax bill. (If the family is submitting an affidavit from a local resident who attests to the registrant living with them at no cost, the homeowner is still required to provide a current mortgage statement, a signed lease, or a real-estate bill.)
Proof of residency must include at least TWO of the following documents:
- Current gas, electric, or water bill; driver’s license; home/apartment rental insurance papers; auto registration; or voter registration.
Once all residency documents are received, families will be mailed a “SnapCode” that is used to complete registration on Wednesday, April 5.
Preschool applications will open through January 27
Preschool applications are now open and will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. Friday, January 27. More information about preschool applications is available here: https://bit.ly/3IAbBTu
In March, the family of returning students will receive the SnapCode they need to register via U.S. mail. The SnapCode will be used when registration opens to all students on April 5. If the SnapCode is lost or misplaced, families will need to prove residency.
Posted: January 19, 2022