- Arbor View Elementary School
CCSD 89 families:
We want to provide an update on the steps that Community Consolidated School District 89 is taking to stay ahead of the latest developments with coronavirus disease 2019, also known as COVID-19.
At this time, there are no reported cases of COVID-19 in any CCSD 89 schools. The district continues to follow the practices recommended by county, state, and federal health officials. District officials have daily contact with these organizations so that we have the most up-to-date information. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and we will communicate with families if there are significant changes that you need to know about.
Our district is focused on prevention, and we are following the guidance from the DuPage County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). All CCSD 89 schools continue to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected in the evenings. In addition to the night cleaning, our custodial staff is also sanitizing “high-touch” objects like door handles, sinks, and drinking fountains during the day. Buses are also being cleaned daily.
In the classroom, teachers have been discussing good hygiene practices with students. We ask that you reinforce the importance of these practices at home. The CDC recommends:
- Keeping your child home if they are sick. They should stay home until they are 24 hours fever-free (without the use of fever-reducing medications).
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the inside of your elbow.
- Washing hands with soap and water, or using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Consulting your healthcare provider if you or a family member show symptoms of illness.
- Consulting advisories when preparing to travel outside of the country, particularly to already-impacted areas.
At this time, the Illinois Department of Public Health does NOT recommend:
- The use of masks or gloves.
- Canceling mass gatherings.
- Canceling classes.
Here are some resources for talking to your children about COVID-19:
The district will continue to follow the recommendations of the health experts with DuPage County Health Department, as well as state and federal health officials. At this time, none of those agencies are recommending the closing of schools. Our staff is holding regular meetings so we are prepared for different scenarios.
More information about COVID-19:
Posted: March 11, 2020